My new blogger friend Karuna has given me a pleasant way to begin this week. My thoughts always resonate with the underlying tone of her posts, and that is why I have her on board. Does that sound selfish? 😉
She has nominated me for “The Starlight Blogger Award”. The primary objective of this award is to highlight and promote inspiring bloggers. The rules of the award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Answer the questions set to you and then you may create your set of questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate other bloggers.
This is my take on the questions asked by Karuna:
1. What would you say is your starlight gift for others?
Ans: Take my poker face and analogies as gift, they are my best friends while dealing with the situations which I don’t like. Analogies are the best way to win arguments logically. 😉
2. What do you like to do to bring yourself out of a bad mood?
Ans: Retire to a peaceful place for few moments, think, recollect, and come back with a fresh vigor.
3. What was the first book you’ve ever read?
Ans: ‘Room on the Roof‘ by Ruskin Bond was my first book. I read it during my pre-high school days and I somehow liked the ways of it’s protagonist. You should read it to find out the details 😉
P.S.: I did not consider my Raj Comics while answering this question.
4. Who is your hero/idol?
Ans: I have never believed in idolizing a single person, everyone has the potential to inspire us. When observed carefully, even a Hitler can act as a hero.
5. What type of music do you enjoy?
Ans: I wish I had a better answer to this question. I never limit myself to specific genres of music or movies. Whatever appeals to me, enters my playlist. It can be ‘Fear of the Dark’, ‘Whickey lullaby’, or ‘Never too Late’.
6. What is your favorite book and why?
Ans: ‘Great Expectations’ by Charles Dickens has been topping this list since years. The only reason is that I like every aspect of Pip.
7. Do you have a favorite poem? If yes, who wrote it and why do you like it?
Ans.: I have always like Robert Frost’s ‘The Road Not Taken‘. It is one of the most inspiring piece of work I have ever read. It teaches us how a decision, one moment can change our life. This may sound like boasting but, I also like to read some of my own poems sometimes. For e.g. The Silent Footsteps, ‘The Moment of Love‘ etc.
8. What is one healthy habit you wish you could develop?
Ans: Warriors have been trying to stop me from biting nails since ages, but everybody failed to succeed. I wish I can get rid of this interesting hobby which amuses psychologists.
I nominate the following bloggers for this award:
The questions for these nominees are:
1. Do you believe in the Omnipotence paradox? Would you like to share your views on it?
2. What is the most crazy thing you have ever thought of doing?
3. Which is easier to find: Unicorn or true love? 😉
4. If you are given the power to change one thing about this world, what would you change?
5. Which actor/actress should stop acting right away?
Each one of you deserves this award, congratulations.